Thursday, February 10, 2011

These Days

In between the snowflakes and the 60 degree days, I'm just chasing around my beautiful kiddos. They steal my heart every day.... they are such miracle blessings. But these last couple of snows in Mississippi have caused me to be restless. I've tried hard to tame it, but its hard....very hard.

I love my life beyond all imagination. But when my restlessness comes upon me, ambivalence sets in. Its a hard thing for a perfectly happy mom to admit, but I'd be willing to be money that most, if not all moms, have this every now and again.

Sometimes I wish my world was a little more peaceful and less cluttered. I'd like maybe one day a week where my house did not vomit fisher price, and I had been given the nod from my husband to just start chunking all the clutter junk that we don't need. Every now and then, a hour or two to just sit down with no obligations to have a hot cup of tea and read a book - for pleasure. Just a story. To get lost. And to be inspired. To warp to a different world. And then maybe an afternoon to do a DIY project. Or paint. Or just some time to LEARN to paint. I also want to redecorate my office. And maybe do some filing, and make room on my desk for, oh, I don't know....some flowers.

I think I wish I could Mary Poppins my way into a picture that was designed by the editors of Pottery Barn, Real Simple, and Ready Made magazines.

The way I feel usually comes on late at night when I'm tired, or have had an especially hard day emotionally (like today).....and when I wake up in the morning, the ambivalent feelings kind of tuck themselves away for a few hours. And I can just move along......

Until next time...... :) I'll just keep dreaming and finding my little pieces of peace within the day, whether it be in a single cup of chai, or cleaned up toy room at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment